- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g new potatoes
- 8 chicken thighs, with bone
- 2 unwaxed lemons, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 bulbs garlic, cloves separated, unpeeled
- 2 large sprig of rosemary
- 2 small bay leaves
- A generous glug of olive oil
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- green salad
Tips and Suggestions
To make this recipe autumnal, swap the tomatoes for butternut squash cut into 1cm cubes
1. Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and leave until cool enough to handle then squish them slightly using your thumb.
3. Put the chicken thighs in a roasting tin big enough to fit all the ingredients in one layer. Tuck in the lemon wedges, garlic cloves, rosemary and bay leaves and pour over a good glug of olive oil. Season and toss everything together.
4. Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes before adding the tomatoes and potatoes.
5. Spoon over any juices. Return to the oven and continue cooking for another 15 minutes or so until the potatoes are golden brown, the tomatoes have burst and the chicken is tender.
6. Allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve straight from the roasting tin, drizzling the pan juices on top.
Rate This Recipe