- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g Camargue wild red rice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g prawns, cooked and peeled
- 3 tbsp whiskey
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest and juice
- 125 g spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 25 g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 canned chopped tomatoes
- 100 g feta cheese
1. Boil the rice in plenty of salted water for 40 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium pan and stir in the prawns. Add the whisky and squeeze over the lemon juice. Let it bubble up for 30 seconds, then tip the prawns out into a bowl.
3. Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in the pan. Add the spring onions and garlic, season and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the lemon zest and half the chopped parsley then stir in the chopped tomatoes. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Return the prawns and their juices to the pan and cook for 5 minutes more. Turn off the heat. Add the remaining chopped parsley and crumble the feta over the top.
5. Divide the hot rice between 4 warm serving plates and spoon the prawns over the top.
Rate This Recipe