- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small madeira cake, cut in half horizontally
- 2 tbsp marsala wine
- 100 ml double cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 300 g wild strawberries, such as Gariguette, halved if large
- 1 lemon, juice and zest only
1. Lay the slices of madeira cake with the cut sides up and drizzle with the marsala.
2. Lightly whip the cream with 1 tablespoon of icing sugar until soft peaks form.
3. Spread one slice of madeira with half the cream and top with all the strawberries. Spoon over the remaining cream and top with the other half of the madeira cake.
4. Put the remaining icing sugar in a bowl with half the lemon zest and juice. Add enough of the remaining lemon juice to make a fairly runny icing.
5. Drizzle the icing over the sponge, decorate with the remaining lemon zest and serve.
Rate This Recipe