- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
Lemon, Basil and Parmesan Pasta Sauce
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemons
- black pepper
- handful of leaves basil
- shavings of parmesan, to serve
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small, heavy frying pan. Fry the shallot gently until softened, around 5 minutes.
2. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half. Mix in the lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Toss the lemon shallot mixture with cooked pasta. Top with basil leaves, Parmesan shavings and remaining olive oil.
Rate This Recipe