- Serves: Makes about 25
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g plain flour
- 1 finely lemon, grated zest only
- 110 g soft butter
- 50 g sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas 4.
2. Put the flour and lemon rind into a mixing bowl and rub in the soft butter.
3. Add the caster sugar and bring the whole mixture together to form a stiff dough. Do not add any water, however tempting.
4. Roll out the dough to about ½ cm thickness and cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.
5. Place carefully on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 6-10 minutes until pale golden.
6. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Rate This Recipe