- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 10 mins standing
- Effort: easy
- 250 g couscous
- finely grated zest of 1/2 lemons
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 400 ml boiling water
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, cored, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1-2 tsp harissa
- 400 g chicken, cooked chargrilled
- 2 small preserved lemons or a quarter of a large preserved lemons, seeds and flesh discarded, finely sliced
1. Prepare the couscous by stirring the couscous, lemon zest and bouillon powder together in a large bowl and pouring over the olive oil and boiling water. Cover loosely with cling film and leave to stand for 10 minutes, fluffing up occasionally with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, make the lemon chicken by mixing the spring onions, tomatoes and harissa till blended. Sir in the chicken and the preserved lemons.
3. Serve the couscous with the lemon chicken.
Rate This Recipe