- Serves: makes 250ml
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 75 g butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 3 lemons, finely grated zest and juice only
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
1. Put the butter, sugar, lemon zest and juice in a saucepan and heat very gently until the butter is melted.
2. Put the eggs and egg yolk in a bowl and beat thoroughly.
3. Pour the beaten eggs into the melted butter mixture and stir carefully over a low heat until the mixture has thickened and will coat the back of a spoon. (If the heat is too high the mixture will scramble. If it does, quickly push it through a sieve.)
4. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the curd into a bowl or into a sterilised jar.
Adapted from Rachel Allen, Bake (Collins)
Rate This Recipe