- Serves: 10
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus 12 house setting time
- Effort: easy
For the pastry
- 250 g butter
- 180 g caster sugar
- 3 vanilla pods
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 500 g plain flour
- pinches salt
For the filling
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 40 g white wine
- 20-25 g gelatine
- 425 g full-fat cream cheese
- 125 g sugar
- 125 g milk
- 650 g whipped cream
- 5-6 tbsp lemon curd
1. Cream the butter and the sugar together.
2. Spilt the vanilla pods, remove the seeds and add them to the mixture.
3. Add the beaten eggs, a little at a time and stir until fully incorporated.
4. Sieve the flour and salt together. Gradually add to the mixture, until it becomes crumbly.
5. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and kneed briefly - take care not to overwork it. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 6. Roll the pastry out to fit a 25cm loose bottom cake tin. Bake blind for 15 minutes, until golden.
7. To make the filling, pour the lemon juice and wine into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
8. Soak the gelatine in a little cold water for 5 minutes, until softened. Squeeze to remove any excess liquid and stir into the hot wine mixture.
9. Beat the cheese and sugar together with the wine mixture.
10. Heat the milk in a saucepan and add this to the mixture, beating well until smooth.
11. Lightly whip the cream and fold into the lemon mixture. Pour it into the pastry case and leave for 12 hours, until set.
12. Just before serving, spread the lemon curd in an even layer across the top.
Rate This Recipe