- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus freezing
- Effort: easy
- 4 lemon-flavoured biscuits
- 100 ml white wine
- 250 ml double cream
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 8 tbsp lemon curd
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- 4 strawberries
For the banana ice cream:
- 4 bananas
- half tsp vanilla essence
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 150 ml buttermilk
1. Crush the biscuits and divide equally among four wine glasses. Drizzle over 50ml of the white wine.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk the cream with the sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in the remaining white wine and lemon curd and whisk until well-mixed.
3. Spoon the lemon curd cream into the glasses and chill until serving.
4. Meanwhile, make the banana ice cream. Place the frozen banana in a food processor. Add the vanilla flavouring, sugar and 75ml of buttermilk.
5. Blend the banana mixture into a puree. With the processor still running, pour in the remaining buttermilk in a thin steady stream.
6. Continue to process until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
7. Sprinkle the flaked almonds over the chilled lemon curd syllabubs. Garnish each serving with a sprig of mint and a strawberry and serve with the banana ice cream.
Rate This Recipe