- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus 4 hrs freezing time
- Effort: easy
- 120 g caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 x 125 ml lemon curd yogurt
For the syrup
- 1 sticks liquorice
- 100 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
1. Place the caster sugar in a pan with a little water, bring to the boil and cook until the mixture registers 240C on a sugar thermometer (soft ball stage).
2. Whisk the egg yolks until fluffy.
3. Slowly and carefully drizzle the sugar syrup into the egg yolks and whisk at high speed, until cold and thick - this is called a sabayon.
4. Lightly whip the cream.
5. Spoon the yogurt into a mixing bowl and add the cream, folding it in very gently with a spatula.
6. Fold in the sabayon, spoon into dariole moulds and freeze for 4 hours (or overnight).
7. For the syrup, chop the liquorice into small pieces and place in a saucepan with the balsamic vinegar, a tablespoon of water and the sugar. Gently simmer until the vinegar starts to thicken. Strain and leave to cool.
8. Heat a small knife in hot water and use it to loosen the parfaits. Turn them out onto chilled dessert plates and drizzle with a little of the syrup. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe