- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 ml water
- 200 g caster sugar
- 25 g juniper berries, crushed
- 6 lemons, grated zest and juice
- 100 ml gin
- 3 egg whites, whisked
- tonic water, to serve
For the caramelised lemon
- 100 g caster sugar
- 125 ml water
- 1 lemon, very thinly sliced
1. Heat the water, sugar and juniper berries together in a pan, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Remove the syrup from the heat and add the lemon zest and juice. Set aside for 1 hour to infuse. Cover and chill.
3. Pour the lemon syrup into an ice cream maker and, while it is churning, pour in the gin.
4. When the sorbet is almost frozen, add the whisked egg white and continue to churn until frozen. Transfer to the freezer until ready to serve.
5. For the caramelised lemon, place the sugar and water together in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the lemons and slowly cook for about 12 minutes, until caramelised.
6. Serve in a Martini glass with a little tonic at the bottom and a ball of sorbet on top. Decorate with the caramelised lemon.
Rate This Recipe