- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 egg whites
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 large lemon tart (home-made or shop-bought)
- 250 g frozen raspberries, thawed
- icing sugar, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. In a large bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
3. Gradually add in the caster sugar, whisking well between each addition.
4. Transfer the whisked egg white into a piping bag.
5. Pipe the egg white mixture over the lemon tart.
6. Bake for 5-8 minutes until the meringue is golden.
7. Meanwhile, blend the raspberries with a splash of water and icing sugar to taste into a coulis. Pass through a fine sieve.
8. Serve the pie is slices, drizzling the coulis around each serving.
Rate This Recipe