- Serves: Makes 4 individual pies
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 8 digestive biscuits, crushed
- 200 g cream cheese
- 6 tbsp whipped double cream
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp icing sugar
- 8 tbsp lemon curd
- shop-bought raspberry sauce, to decorate
For the meringue
- 4 egg whites
- 50 g caster sugar
1. Melt the butter and combine with the crushed digestive biscuits, stirring until well mixed. Press firmly into the bases of four 7.5cm flan rings set on plates.
2. Combine the cream cheese, cream, icing sugar and lemon curd.
3. Spoon some of the mixture into each ring, smoothing the top with a palette knife.
4. To make the meringue, beat the egg whites until stiff. Then gradually beat in the caster sugar.
5. Carefully remove the flan rings (heating the rings slightly with a blowtorch will make them lift off more easily). Spoon the meringue into a piping bag and pipe over the filling.
6. Use a blow torch to colour the meringue. Alternatively, place under a preheated grill for a few minutes.
7. Decorate with a little raspberry sauce before serving.
Rate This Recipe