- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 4 lemons
- 250 g caster sugar
- 500 ml double cream
- 30 g blanched flaked almonds, toasted
- icing sugar
- 30 g strips of candied lemon peel
Tips and Suggestions
for a perfectly smooth, bubble free surface on the possets, blowtorch the top of the cream mixture for 10 seconds before chilling.
Claire serves these with fingers of shortbread
1. Squeeze the juice from the lemons and strain through a fine sieve. Put in a pan with the caster sugar and bring to the boil over a low heat, stirring continuously until the sugar has dissolved. Keep this warm on the side of the stove.
2. Bring the cream to the boil in a heavy-bottomed pan, then pour it over the warm lemon and sugar mixture. Whisk gently to mix.
3. Pass the mixture through a fine sieve into a jug and pour into individual serving dishes. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours, until set.
4. Decorate with toasted flaked almonds, candied lemon peel and a dusting of icing sugar.
Rate This Recipe