- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes plus 1 hr freezing time
- Effort: easy
For the posset
- 850 ml double cream
- 250 g caster sugar
- 4 lemons, grated zest and juice
For the fruit
- 3 stems rhubarb
- 3 Victoria plums
- 50 g unsalted butter, diced
- punnet raspberries
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 vanilla pods
- 6 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 50 ml dark rum
1. Pour the cream into a saucepan and add the sugar and lemon zest. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Pass the mixture through a sieve.
3. Pour equal amounts into 6 whiskey glasses and leave to cool
4. Cover with cling film and freeze for 1 hour. The possets will set in the glasses, but must be kept covered to avoid a thick skin forming.
5. Cut the rhubarb into 1cm pieces.
6. Cut the plums in half and remove the stone, cut each half into thin wedges.
7. Heat the butter in a heavy based saucepan and when it starts to foam, add the rhubarb and plums.
8. Sauté the fruits until they start to soften.
9. Add the sugar, vanilla, star anise and cinnamon. Remove from the heat and gently fold in the raspberries.
10. Remove the possets from the freezer, top with the hot fruits and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe