- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 55 g butter
- 115 g vanilla sugar, or caster sugar
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemons
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 55 g self-raising flour
- 285 ml milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and lemon zest.
3. Add the yolks and flour and beat together. Mix in the milk and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, mixing well.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the lemon mixture. Transfer to a buttered ovenproof dish.
5. Place the dish in roasting tin and pour in boiling water around the dish until it reaches halfway up the dish's sides.
6. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until golden and firm on top. This is a self-saucing pudding so there should be a pool of lemony sauce at the bottom. Serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe