- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the lemon sandwiches
- 250 g butter, softened
- 280 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 310 g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 185 ml single cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 100 g plain Greek yogurt
- 100 g raspberries, halved
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 170Cgas 3.
2. Butter and flour a 30 x 11cm loaf tin.
3. To make the lemon sandwiches; cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs one by one.
5. Sift in the flour and baking powder; then add the lemon zest, lemon juice, cream and vanilla, whisking well to a smooth batter.
6. Spoon into the loaf tin and bake for about 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. If the top looks like it's getting too brown before the cooking time is up, cover it with foil.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
8. To make the filling, whisk the cream and icing sugar together until the cream holds peaks, and then fold in the yoghurt.
9. Cut the cake like a loaf of bread into slices about 5mm thick.
10. Spread half the slices with the cream mixture and then top with the raspberries and the rest of the cake slices to make sandwiches.
11. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Rate This Recipe