- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 6 hrs draining
- Effort: easy
- 500 g Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- zest of 1 lemons, finely grated
- 12 fresh figs, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
1. To make the yogurt cheese, mix together the yogurt, salt and lemon zest. Place the yogurt mixture in a clean tea-towel, suspend it in a sieve over a bowl and refrigerate it for 6 hours.
2. Dip the fig halves in the caster sugar.
3. Preheat a griddle until hot. Cook the sugar-coated figs on the griddle until browned on both sides.
4. Serve the caramelised figs warm from the griddle with the yogurt cheese.
Rate This Recipe