- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3baby fennel, trimmed
- 1 whole lemon sole, With head, tail, wings and skin removed
- 1 handful of plain flour
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 splash of olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
1. Put the fennel cut side down into a hot pan with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook until braised and softened.
2. Sprinkle the flour on a plate, season and dip the sole into it. Shake off any excess and put the fish into a warm pan with a little olive oil and gently cook.
3. Add the garlic to the pan with the fennel. Add a sprig each of rosemary and thyme and continue to cook until softened.
4. Turn the fennel as they lightly colour and add a knob of butter to the pan with the fish. Once the first side is golden, turn it over.
5. Once the fennel is soft and tender remove from the pan and set aside. Leave all the other ingredients in the pan. Add a dash of olive oil and mix well. Taste and readjust the seasoning. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Once the fish is golden on each side, squeeze a little more lemon over the fish and remove from the pan and place on a serving plate. Put the fennel alongside the fish and spoon over the sauce from the fennel pan.
Rate This Recipe