- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 2 x 500g tins cannellini beans, drained
- 80 ml dry white wine
- 1 bunches flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 150 ml vegetable or fish stock
- black pepper
- 12 small lemon sole fillets
- 25 g dried breadcrumbs, fried
- 50 g parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 01/2 lemons, juice only
1. Preheat the grill. Heat 4 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic, onion and carrot and cook gently for 5 minutes.
2. Add the cannellini beans, mixing well. Cook for 5 minutes then add the white wine. Cook over medium heat until the wine has reduced by half. Add the parsley and the stock. Reduce the heat to very low and gently simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. After the beans have been simmering for 20 minutes add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large flat baking sheet.
4. Heat the oiled baking sheet under the grill for 3 minutes. Place the sole fillets on the hot oiled tray. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle over a tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of white wine.
5. Grill the sole for 3 minutes. Transfer the bean mixture to an ovenproof dish. Carefully top with the sole fillets.
6. Mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan and dried oregano in a bowl and sprinkle the mixture over the fish fillets and beans. Place back under the grill and cook for a further three to five minutes. Drizzle over the remaining olive oil and the lemon juice. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe