- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 1 onion, grated
- 100 g smoked pancetta
- 1 glass perry
- 1x350 g lemon sole, skinned and filleted
- 200 g broad beans, podded
- 200 g cockles, in their shells, cleaned
1. Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Fry the onion and the pancetta until the fat runs from the meat and the onion is transparent.
2. Pour the perry into the pan and stir up all the bits stuck to the bottom.
3. Place the lemon sole fillets on top of the onion and bacon, and cover. Leave to cook for a few minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
4. Put the broad beans into a saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes if they are really young, or a little longer if they are older. Drain.
5. Remove the fish from the pan and keep warm. Add the cockles and stir. Cover and leave to steam until the cockles open.
6. Add in the broad beans and stir to combine.
7. Place the fish on a plate and spoon over the cockles and broad beans.
Rate This Recipe