- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g broad beans
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 whole lemon sole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 100 ml white wine
- 150 g unsalted butter
- black pepper
- 1 gem lettuce, thinly shredded
- 1 small bunches chives, snipped
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
For the garnish
- mixed herbs
- mustard cress
1. Preheat a grill to a moderate heat. Blanch the broad beans in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and refresh under cold water. Reserve
2. Blanch the tomatoes briefly in boiling water, pop into a bowl of cold water, then remove the skin. Quarter the tomatoes, scrape out the seeds and dice the flesh into ½ cm cubes. Reserve.
3. Grill the sole, skin side uppermost first, for about 3 minutes on each side.
4. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the shallots with the ground and fresh ginger for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
5. Add the white wine and simmer until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the butter. Season.
7. Just before serving, add the beans, lettuce, tomatoes and chives. Squeeze in the lemon juice.
8. To serve, simply place a sole on each plate, pour the sauce over and around, and garnish with herbs and mustard cress.
Rate This Recipe