- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- a little sunflower oil
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, 2cm peeled and grated, 2cm roughly sliced into discs
- 50 ml white wine
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 1 bunch cavolo nero, centre stem removed
- 3 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 lemon sole fillets
1. Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan. Add the sliced ginger, shallots, wine and chicken stock. Allow to infuse over a low heat for 10 minutes to create a ginger stock. After 10 minutes, strain the stock, reserving the liquid, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, blanch the cavalo nero in salted boiling water until completely cooked and soft. Drain, squeeze out any excess water and purée in a blender. Add 3 tbsp of the ginger stock to the cavalo nero and continue to blend to a smooth purée.
3. Mix the chives and grated ginger with some salt and pepper and a little sunflower oil. Add a squeeze of lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
4. Heat a dash of sunflower oil over medium heat in a frying pan. Season the sole with salt and place the salted side down in the frying pan. Once the first side is golden and the edges are opaque, carefully turn over and cook for a further minute on the other side. Squeeze a little lemon juice over each side.
5. Spoon a little of the chive dressing on the cooked side of the fish for the last 30 seconds of the cooking time.
6. Spoon the purée on a plate with the sole alongside and a drizzle of chive dressing on top.
Rate This Recipe