- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 lemon sole, skinned and trimmed
- flour, for dusting
- 60 ml white wine
- 70 g unsalted butter
- 1 handful of samphire, cleaned, blanched and refreshed
- g extra-fine capers
- handful of parsley, chopped
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges
1. Set the oven to 220°C/gas 8. Dust the fish liberally with flour and shake off any excess.
2. Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof, non-stick frying pan and fry the sole for fry for 2-5 minutes, depending on size and then transfer to the oven for 6-8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the wine into a saucepan, bring to the boil and reduce for 1-2 minutes.
4. Carefully whisk in the butter, taking care not to split the sauce. Add the samphire, capers and parsley and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Put the sole on to a plate and spoon over the sauce. Garnish with a lemon wedge and a sprig of chervil and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe