- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the olive oil vinaigrette
- 250 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml groundnut oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- pinch ground white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
For the olive-crushed potatoes
- 200 g new potatoes, peeled and cooked
- olive oil vinaigrette, (as above)
- 10 black olives, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped chives
For the sauce vierge
- 50 g shallots, finely chopped
- 100 g skinned, seeded and finely diced tomatoes
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- tbsp baby capers, drained
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
For the lemon sole
- olive oil, for frying
- 8x180 g fillets lemon sole, skinned
- squeeze lemons
1. For the vinaigrette: place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine.
2. For the olive-crushed potatoes: slice the cooked potatoes and gently heat in a pan with just enough of the olive oil vinaigrette for the potatoes to absorb it without becoming greasy. As you are warming your potatoes lightly crush them with a fork.
3. Add the black olives and chives to the crushed potatoes. Season to taste.
4. For the sauce vierge: put the shallots, tomatoes and olive oil in a saucepan, season with salt and pepper, and gently heat for 2 minutes. Keep warm. Add the lemon juice, capers and chopped herbs before serving.
5. For the lemon sole: heat a frying pan with a little olive oil.
6. Season the sole fillets then add to the pan. Fry for a 1 - 2 minutes on each side or until cooked. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
7. To serve, put a metal ring in the middle of a shallow serving bowl and spoon one quarter of the olive crushed potatoes into the ring. Carefully remove the ring. If you do not have a chef's ring, simply form the potato roughly into a circular shape.
8. Arrange 2 fillets of lemon sole on top of the potato and spoon the warm sauce vierge over and around the fish. Repeat for other three servings.
Rate This Recipe