- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, chopped (or ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes)
- 300 g fresh or frozen leaf spinach
- black pepper
- 6 tbsp Greek yogurt
- juice of ½ lemons
Tips and Suggestions
Prepared and cooked in less time than it takes to boil your pasta, this fresh sauce will knock the socks off any shop-bought sauce. Don't forget that fresh pasta freezes beautifully, so you can always have it to hand.
1. Boil the pasta in a large saucepan of salted water, according to the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the garlic and chilli for one minute. Add the spinach leaves, season with salt and black pepper and stir.
3. Cover the pan to wilt the spinach - this will take about 2 minutes for fresh, 4 minutes for frozen.
4. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the yoghurt and lemon juice. Cover and leave to stand for 1 minute, then stir into the pasta. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe