- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus two hours chilling
- Effort: easy
- 90 ml lemon juice
- 45 ml limoncello liqueur
- 30 sponge fingers
- 6 eggs, yolks only
- 500 g mascarpone
- 325 ml double cream
- 165 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
1. In a bowl, mix together the lemon juice and limoncello and dip one-third of the sponge fingers quickly in the mixture. Transfer the soaked fingers to a flat square dish, laying them side by side in a single layer.
2. Place the egg yolks and sugar into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn?t touch the water surface) and whisk together. Remove from the heat and beat until pale and creamy and doubled in volume.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the double cream until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed from the bowl.
4. Gradually fold the mascarpone cheese into the beaten egg yolks, then add the vanilla essence. Fold in the cream, one-third at a time, until well combined.
5. Pour half the mixture over the soaked sponge fingers, then layer with the rest of the sponge fingers. Pour over the remaining cream mixture and top with the rest of the sponge fingers. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least two hours, or until set.
6. To serve, remove the cling film and dust the tiramisu with icing sugar. Serve in slices.
Rate This Recipe