- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 ml milk
- 1 handfuls lemons, verbena sprigs, chopped
- 7 eggs, yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- 60 ml double cream
- 50 g demerara sugar
1. Set the oven to 140°C/gas 1/2. Heat the milk in a pan with the chopped lemon verbena and then leave to cool and infuse.
2. Place the egg yolks in a bowl with the caster sugar and whisk until pale and thick.
3. Add the infused milk and cream and whisk well. Pass through a sieve.
4. Ladle the mixture into ramekin dishes and set them in a roasting pan. Pour in enough water to come three quarters the way up the side of the ramekins and cook for 60 minutes or so, until set. Leave to cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Just before serving, sprinkle the Demerara sugar over the top and caramelise with either a blowtorch or by putting them under a hot grill.
Rate This Recipe