- Serves: Makes about 800ml
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 hrs cooling
- Effort: easy
- 4 unwaxed lemons
- 750 ml boiling water
- 100 g caster sugar
- ice cubes, to serve
1. Peel all the yellow zest from the lemons in wide strips, using a vegetable peeler. Put the peeled lemons to one side. If there is a lot of pith still attached to the underneath part of the zest, scrape off the worst of it. Put the zest strips into a heat proof jug.
2. Add the sugar to the jug and pour in the boiling water. Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved and leave to cool for about 2 hours until the lemonade is cold.
3. Remove the strips of lemon zest from the cold lemonade and discard.
4. Cut the peeled lemons in half and squeeze the juice from them.
5. Pour the juice into the jug and stir well. If you like, you can strain everything into a separate jug to remove any stray pips and fibres.
6. Store the lemonade in the fridge and serve with plenty of ice.
Rate This Recipe