- Serves: 10-15 glasses
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 12 hours resting
- Effort: easy
- 7 unwaxed lemons, (including lemon leaves if possible)
- 1 unwaxed orange
- 1 kg granulated sugar
- 1 litres boiling water
- 50 g citric acid
- still or sparkling water
- ice cubes
1. Grate the zest of the oranges and lemons and put into a bowl with the sugar. (Add any lemon leaves if your lemons came with them still attached.) Pour over the boiling water and leave overnight.
2. Next day, squeeze the juice from the citrus fruits, add to the sugar syrup with the citric acid and stir until well combined. Strain, pour into clean bottles and seal.
3. To serve, pour a little into a glass (like squash), adding still or sparkling water to taste and a few ice cubes.
Rate This Recipe