- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus cooling time for the sugar water
- Effort: easy
- 325 g sugar
- 350 ml water
- 300 ml tequila, optional
- The juice of 8 squeezed lemons
- 1.35 litres chilled water
- ice cubes
- Sliced lemons
- Sprigs of mint
Tips and Suggestions
For a real southern touch, finish this lemonade off with a little hibiscus syrup or preserved hibiscus flowers if you can find them.
1. Dissolve the sugar with 350ml of water in a medium saucepan. Leave to cool.
2. Pour into a large electric blender which is half filled with ice, add the rest of the water and lemon juice - if adding tequila add now - and blitz to a slush.
3. Pour into a large jug with the sliced lemon and serve in glasses with a sprig of mint.
Rate This Recipe