- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 8 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer leaves removed and the core finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely diced
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 600 ml fresh fish stock, (from a carton is fine)
- 2 limes, juice and finely grated rind
- 750 g cod, skinned, and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 150 g mangetout, shredded
- 3 tbsp fish sauce, (nam pla)
- a good handfuls freshsprigs coriander, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan and fry the salad onions for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass and chilli, then continue to cook over a low heat for another 2 minutes, stirring.
2. Add the wine to the pan, increase the heat and allow to reduce for 3 minutes, then pour in the stock and lime juice and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the fish and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes or until the fish is tender but still holding its shape.
3. Add the mangetout to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes until tender. Stir in the fish sauce and ladle into warmed, wide-rimmed serving bowls. Garnish with lemon rind and coriander sprigs. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe