- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2.5 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 1 small green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 3 tbsp thick coconut milk or coconut cream
- juice of 1 limes
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
For the kebabs:
- 8 stalks lemongrass, about 12-13cm long
- 500 g minced pork
- 3 fresh lime leaves, very finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2-3 tbsp sesame oil
- wedges of limes, to serve
1. To make the sauce, heat the sunflower oil in a pan over a medium heat and gently fry the garlic, shallots, ginger and chilli until soft and golden. Cool slightly and then place into a food processor. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and process until smooth. Add a little water if necessary; the mixture should have a thick but creamy consistency. Taste and adjust the seasoning as required.
2. For the kebabs, mix the pork with the kaffir lime leaves and fish sauce. Knead lightly until the mixture comes together. Divide into 8 portions and roll each into a sausage shape. Flatten the mixture on the palm of your hand, and then lay a lemongrass stalk down the centre. Bring the pork mixture around the stem to enclose it. Mould the meat firmly around the stem and roll it gently on a work surface to even it out. Set aside until needed.
3. Preheat a grill and line the grill pan with silver foil. Brush the kebabs with sesame oil, then grill, turning once, for about 4 minutes on each side, until the meat is golden brown and cooked through.
4. Serve immediately with the coconut sauce, lime wedges and any remaining pan juices.
Rate This Recipe