- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the tart
- 1 large pre-cooked pastry tart case
- 275 g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 275 ml double cream
- 4 stalks lemongrass, broken into small pieces
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 3 lime leaves, very finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 6 egg yolks
For the lychees
- 1 small can lychees, drained
- 250 g white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 2 lime leaves, finely chopped
- cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas 1. Place the chocolate, cream, lemongrass, ginger, lime leaves and lime juice into a metal bowl and heat over a pan of gently simmering water, until the chocolate has melted. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
2. Remove the bowl from the heat and leave the mixture to cool.
3. Whisk the egg yolks into the mixture, one at a time.
4. Pour the mixture into the pastry case and cook for 5 minutes, or until just set and shiny. Cool and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. For the lychees: melt the white chocolate with the lime leaves in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water.
6. Remove from the heat and leave to cool. Spoon the mixture into a small piping bag, and squeeze into the centre of the lychees. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
7. Dust the tart with cocoa and serve with the chocolate lychees.
Rate This Recipe