- Serves: 3
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g lychees
- 150 g physalis
- 115 g preserved stem ginger, sliced
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
For the syrup:
- juice of 1 limes
- 2 tbsp of stem ginger syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp lychee juice
- 5 tbsp tinned coconut milk
- 2 stalks lemongrass, first two layers discarded and cut into quarters
Tips and Suggestions
If you have time, leave the lemongrass to infuse overnight in the juices and coconut milk.
1. Working over a bowl to catch the juice, peel the lychees and remove the stones neatly. Put the fruit in a serving bowl. Reserve the juice for the syrup.
2. Remove the papery husks from the physalis. Slice the fruits in half and add to the lychees along with the stem ginger and kiwi fruits.
3. Whisk all the syrup ingredients together and pour over the fruit using the lemongrass to decorate the dish.
Rate This Recipe