- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
For the burgers
- 3 small chicken breasts
- 2 large spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp rice wine
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 dashes of soy sauce
- 1 dashes of sesame oil
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 white buns, for hamburgers, topped with sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp ketchup, chilli-tomato
- 1 baby gem lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
1. For the roast sweet potato accompaniment, preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Tip the prepared potatoes into a roasting tin, sprinkle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes, until they're crisp around the edges and tender inside.
2. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, finely dice the chicken for the burgers and combine with the spring onions, lemon juice, rice wine, cornflour, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and seasoning. Shape the mixture into two large patties.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a griddle pan over a medium heat. Fry the chicken patties for about 3-5 minutes on each side - they should be light brown and tender. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
4. Split the two buns in half, and place cut side down, on the same griddle, and toast for 2-3 minutes.
5. Spread one half of each bun with mayonnaise, and top with the gem lettuce and sliced tomato.
6. Cover with the chicken burger and add a dab of sweet chilli sauce. Top with the remaining bun and serve with the roast sweet potatoes.
Rate This Recipe