- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 fat spears asparagus
- 6 eggs, soft-boiled
- 2 tsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of cracked freshly ground white pepper
Tips and Suggestions
"This recipe is very humble and satisfying," says Kylie, "hence the name, which means 'modest eggs'. Either duck eggs or hen eggs will suffice, as long as they are fresh. To soft-boil duck eggs, bring water to the boil, then add eggs and cook for 7 minutes; remove and refresh in iced water. For hen eggs, reduce the cooking time to 4 minutes."
1. Wash the asparagus and snap off and discard woody ends. Peel lower parts of stems.
2. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the asparagus to boiling salted water and cook until 'al dente', about 3 minutes.
3. Drain, then plunge asparagus into a large bowl of iced water for 30 seconds; drain well. Slice the asparagus on the diagonal.
4. Carefully shell the eggs, cut in half and arrange on a platter with the asparagus.
5. Garnish with the dill and parsley and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and white pepper.
Rate This Recipe