- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 8 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 4 small butterhead lettuce
- 2 baby gem lettuce
- 800 ml chicken stock, or half milk, half stock
- small bunches soft herbs, such as mint, basil and chervil
- good squeeze lemon juice
- 2 tbsp double cream
1. Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan and sweat the spring onions for about 5 minutes, until completely soft.
2. Trim the base off each lettuce then slice or tear it and add it to the buttery onions. Heat the lettuce until it wilts and softens in its juices.
3. Add the herbs and warm stock. Season and blend to a smooth soup using a stick blender or in a food processor. Taste and add lemon juice, seasoning and add the cream if you want to use it.
4. Serve either hot or cold.
Rate This Recipe