- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g feta cheese, preferably Bulgarian, crumbled
- 300 g natural, full-fat yogurt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½-1 lemons, juice only
- olive oil, to taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 700 g little gem lettuce, stem removed, leaves torn
1. Combine 225g of the feta in a food processor with the yoghurt, cumin and lemon juice. Blend until smooth then thin with a glug of olive oil. Transfer to a bowl, taste and adjust the seasoning, adding sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and extra lemon juice as needed.
2. Toast the cumin seeds in a small frying pan over a medium heat, until the seeds are aromatic and slightly darker in colour. Transfer to a dish to cool.
3. Toss the lettuce in a large bowl with just enough of the dressing to coat the leaves. Season the salad again if necessary and garnish with the toasted cumin seeds and remaining feta.
Rate This Recipe