- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 450 g sweet shortcrust pastry
- 300 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids broken into squares
- 110 g unsalted butter
- 110 ml double cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 110 g sugar
- raspberry sorbet, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 20cm loose-based tart tin. Prick the base, line with baking parchment and fill with baking beans.
3. Blind bake the pastry case for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove the baking parchment and baking beans. Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C/gas 2.
4. Meanwhile, place the chocolate, butter and cream in a bowl. Suspend the bowl over a pan of simmering water and heat through until the chocolate mixture melts, stirring now and then.
5. In a mixer, whisk together the eggs, yolk and sugar at full speed until thick, light and fluffy.
6. Fold the whisked egg into the chocolate mixture.
7. Pour the chocolate mixture into the part-baked pastry case. Bake the chocolate tart for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, but do not refrigerate.
8. Serve the chocolate tart with raspberry sorbet.
Rate This Recipe