- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 3 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 double lamb chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, nd freshly ground black pepper
- grilled vegetables, or corn on the cob, to serve
For the marinade:
- 1 litres low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp garlic, crushed
- juice of 1 lemons
- 3 tbsp wild mint, or peppermint, chopped
1. Combine the marinade ingredients in a measuring jug, mixing well. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
2. Pour half the marinade from the jug into a shallow dish. Put the lamb chops in the dish, in a single layer, turning until well coated with the marinade. Cover and leave to stand at room temperature. Return the remaining marinade to the fridge for 2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, light the barbecue and oil the grill.
4. When ready to cook, remove the excess yoghurt marinade from the chops. Season with salt and pepper, and brush with oil.
5. Place the chops on the hot grill and sear for a few minutes on each side.
6. Serve with the chilled yoghurt marinade and grilled vegetables or corn on the cob.
Rate This Recipe