- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 125 ml white wine
- 3 squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 400 g passata, or tinned tomatoes
- 1 handfuls pitted black Kalamata olives, in olive oil finely chopped
- 4 leaves torn basil
- bread, for serving
1. Heat a little olive oil in a deep, heavy-based frying pan and cook the onions and garlic until softened.
2. Add the wine and allow the alcohol to burn off.
3. Add the squid and passata, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then add the olives. Stir and leave to cook for 10 minutes, until the tomatoes are thickened slightly and the squid is cooked.
4. Stir in the basil and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
5. Serve in bowls with chunky bread, if desired.
Rate This Recipe