- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes or 45 min cooked in 1 large dish
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 60 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200 g caster sugar
- 4 limes, zested and juiced
- 3 eggs, separated
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 300 ml whole milk
- icing sugar, for dusting
- single cream, to serve (optional)
Tips and Suggestions
Don't be tempted to put it back in the oven if you think it's not cooked through theyre meant to have a soggy bottom!
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Use an electric whisk to cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the lime zest, lime juice and egg yolks and mix to combine.
2. Add the flour and desiccated coconut and mix again, then pour in the milk and mix to a smooth batter.
3. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until just before they become stiff peaks. Gently fold 1 tablespoon of the egg whites into the batter mixture. Once combined, fold in the remaining egg whites.
4. Pour the mixture into 4 individual buttered ovenproof dishes or a 1 litre buttered ovenproof dish then in a roasting tin half filled with boiling water.
5. Cook for 20-25 minutes for the individual puddings or 40-45 minutes for the large pudding, until set and golden. Remove from the oven and dust with icing sugar before serving warm with single cream.
Got a sweet tooth? See more of our pudding recipes
Rate This Recipe