- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 red mullet fillets
- 2.5 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- grated zest and juice of 1 limes
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the griddled sweet potatoes:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- olive oil, for brushing
For the mango avocado salsa:
- 1 mango
- 2 avocados
- half red onions
- Small handful of coriander, hopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- juice of 3 limes
- juice of half a lemons
1. Toss the red mullet with the ginger, lime zest and juice and soy sauce. Cover and set aside to marinate.
2. Boil the sweet potatoes in a pan of salted water until tender, around 15 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and halve lengthways.
3. Peel and chop the mango, avocado and red onion into 1cm cubes and toss together. Add the coriander, chilli, garlic, lime and lemon juice. Season with salt.
4. Brush the sweet potato halves with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Heat a griddle until very hot. Griddle the sweet potato halves, allowing 4 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm.
5. Pat the red mullet fillets dry. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the red mullet fillets skin side-down and fry until golden brown. Turn the fillets over and fry for 1 more minute, until just cooked.
6. Place the griddle sweet potato halves on 4 serving plates. Top each portion with a fried red mullet fillet and a generous spoonful of the mango avocado salsa.
Rate This Recipe