- Serves: makes 20
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 30 min chilling
- Effort: easy
For the crab cakes
- 500 g cooked white crab meat
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 lime, finely grated zest only
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 stalks lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 120 g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- light flavoured oil, for brushing
- mixed leaves, to serve
- sweet chilli sauce
- mixed leaves
1. For the crab cakes: put the crab, curry paste, lime zest, spring onions, chilli, lemongrass, breadcrumbs and egg in a large bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix together well with your hands. Shape into 20 small patties, then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat a large frying pan and brush with oil. Working in batches as necessary, cook the crab cakes for 2 minutes on each side.
3. Serve with the mixed leaves and the sweet chilli sauce.
Rate This Recipe