- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 8 egg yolks
- 100 ml lime juice, (3 approx)
- 250 g caster sugar
- 200 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 150 g mascarpone, plus extra for serving
- 1 pastry tart case
For the strawberries
- 200 ml dessert wine
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 orange, zest only
- 1/2 bunches mint, roughly shredded
- 300 g strawberries
1. Mix the egg yolks, lime juice and sugar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, heat gently until the sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the cubed butter until fully incorporated. Remove from the heat, leave to cool then chill in the fridge for an hour.
2. For the strawberries: place the wine, vanilla, sugar and orange zest in a pan, heat gently until the sugar is dissolved then increase the heat slightly and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, add the mint and leave to infuse and cool for 15 minutes. Add the strawberries, cover with cling film and leave at room temperature to macerate.
4. Fold the mascarpone through the lime mixture and fill the tart shell. Serve each slice with and an extra dollop of mascarpone and the strawberries.
Rate This Recipe