- Serves: Makes: 1 x 23cm square cake
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 30 mins chilling
- Effort: easy
For the base
- 200 g unsalted butter, softened and chopped
- 250 g plain flour
- 30 g icing sugar
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
For the filling
- 6 eggs
- 375 g caster sugar
- 60 g plain flour
- 125 ml fresh lime juice
- 4 limes, grated zest
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, for dusting
1. Grease and line the base and sides of a 23cm square tin with baking paper.
2. To make the base, mix the butter, flour, icing sugar and egg together in a food processor until a dough forms. Press the dough into the tin. Refrigerate the dough in the tin for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4, then bake the base for 20 to 25 minutes, until pale golden.
4. While the base is cooking make the filling. Whisk the eggs in a bowl, then add the sugar, flour, lime juice and zest, and whisk until combined.
5. Pour the filling onto the cooked base and bake for another 20 minutes, or until the filling is set and lightly golden on top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
Rate This Recipe