- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 30 mins chilling and cooling
- Effort: easy
For the base:
- 200 g unsalted butter, softened and chopped
- 250 g plain flour
- 30 g icing sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
For the filling:
- 6 eggs
- 375 g caster sugar
- 60 g plain flour
- 125 ml fresh lime juice
- finely grated zest from 4 limes
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. First make the base. Place the butter, flour, icing sugar and egg in a food processor and process until a dough forms.
2. Press the dough into greased, lined 23cm round flan tin. Refrigerate the dough in the tin for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4. Bake the base for 20 to 25 minutes, until pale golden.
4. Meanwhile, make the filling. Whisk the eggs in a bowl, then add the sugar, flour, lime juice and zest, and whisk until combined.
5. Pour the filling onto the cooked base and bake for another 20 minutes, or until the filling is set and lightly golden on top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
6. Cut into pieces, dust with icing sugar and serve.
Rate This Recipe