- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 chicken breast fillets
- black pepper
- 50 g dried porcini, soaked and drained
- 12 tsp rocket pesto, (homemade or shop-bought)
- 12 slices of Parma ham
- 1 kg new potatoes
- 50 g butter
- grated zest and juice of 1 limes
- 4 tbsp tarragon leaves, shredded
- rocket, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Lay the chicken fillets out flat. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper. Top each fillet with porcini slices. Spread 2 teaspoons of rocket pesto over the top.
2. Place each chicken fillet on top of a slice of Parma ham and roll up tightly. Wrap a second slice of Parma ham around each chicken roll and secure with a wooden skewer. Place the chicken parcels in a roasting tray.
3. Roast the chicken parcels for around 40 minutes, until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted boiling water until tender, around 15-20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and roughly crush with the back of a fork. Set aside and keep warm.
5. In a small saucepan gently heat together the butter, lime zest and juice and shredded tarragon until the butter has melted.
6. Once the chicken parcels are cooked through remove them from the oven. Take out and discard the wooden skewers and slice the chicken parcels finely.
7. Arrange the chicken roulade slices on a warm serving plate surrounded by crushed potatoes and garnished with rocket leaves. Drizzle over the warm lime tarragon butter and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe