- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 4 hours setting
- Effort: medium
- 3 sheets leaf gelatine
- 250 ml milk
- 250 ml double cream
- 25 g sugar
- 50 ml limoncello liqueur
- 4 slices lemons, dredged in icing sugar, to decorate
For the strawberry sauce:
- 15 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- 150 g strawberries, chopped into quarters
- juice of half a lemons
1. Allow the gelatine leaves to soften in a little cold water. In a heavy-based saucepan, mix the milk, cream, sugar, and Limoncello liqueur.
2. Gently bring to the boil, remove from the heat and add the gelatine leaves. Stir until the gelatine has dissolved. Pass through a fine sieve and pour into 4 dariole moulds. Leave to cool, then place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
3. To make the sauce, place the butter and sugar in a saucepan over a gentle heat and allow the butter to melt and sugar to dissolve.
4. Add the chopped strawberries. Cook gently, without overcooking the strawberries. Remove from the heat and pass through a sieve. Allow to cool.
5. Turn out the panna cotta onto 4 serving plates. Spoon the strawberry sauce over the panna cotta. Decorate with an icing sugar-dredged lemon slice and serve.
Rate This Recipe